Re: To CAIS Engineers - WAKE UP AND TAKE CARE OF YOUR CUSTOMERS

  • From: John Palmer (NANOG Acct)
  • Date: Sun May 13 19:26:04 2001

>* Roeland Meyer <[email protected]> [20010513 13:45]:
>>
>> None of the DSL ISPs can do larger than /27 anymore, even when they're
>> ILECs.

>What does being an ILEC have to do with layer 3 routing?
>
>'sides there are plenty of DSL ISPs that offer larger than a /27.  Heck, I
>count some of them among my clients who consist primarily of smaller
>regional players.  If you are looking for more major player examples that
>offer larger IP blocks:

Actually we have a /23 block that PSINet was routing just fine. A lot of
people complain about the DSL technology
itself, but I don't think the technology is the problem, but the competence
(or lack of it) amongst the major players.

All of our problems have not been related to the DSL technology itself, but
rather the screwups of the providers.

John