Re: Network Simulation and Measurement Software

  • From: dave o'leary
  • Date: Wed May 09 19:05:22 2001

At 01:27 PM 5/9/01 -0700, Sean Donelan wrote:

I hate html mail.

18 months ago, I asked about network modeling software and everyone
pointed me to WANDL.  It is an interesting package.
yes, but not exactly freeware :-)

If you are prepared to go down that path ($10's-100K), there are
also some others, OpNet, etc.

A good place to look for network tools is the CAIDA taxonomy
(maybe it will save you time from publishing your own web page):

http://www.caida.org/TOOLS/taxonomy/index.xml

                                                dave

Everyone had
their set of gripes with it, but it seemed to be the best available.
I changed jobs shortly afterwards, and didn't get to do much with it.

I need to evaluate what is out there in regards to