Re: Abuse notification in Chinese (was:black hat .cn networks)

  • From: hardie
  • Date: Wed May 09 16:00:00 2001

Daryl,
	It's actually in UTF-8 encoding.  Somehow I missed the charset
part of the mime type in the original headers:

 Subject: Abuse notification in Chinese (was:black hat .cn networks)
 Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 11:21:56 -0400
 From: "Daryl G. Jurbala" <[email protected]>
 To: <[email protected]>
 Sender: [email protected]

	When I render it as UTF-8, the text is composed of valid
simplified chinese characters.  It may be that your mailer (exchange
V6, apparently) is converting it to UTF-8 from whatever encoding you
are composing in.  As you no doubt know, GB2312 will be most widely
understood as an encoding in Mainland China, so disabling that
conversion will probably a good idea.
			regards,
				Ted Hardie