RE: black hat .cn networks

  • From: Roeland Meyer
  • Date: Tue May 08 14:19:14 2001

Thank you Franklin, for clarifying many things. Language is indeed a big
issue for non-indo-europeans. Basically, anyone that uses a non-romance
script (cyrillic, chinese, hiragana/katakana, arabic, cuniform, etc). The
problem is that most folks don't realize that this goes both ways. We all
face the same barriers in the other direction. Information gets distorted
both ways. Add to this, the normal human tendency to speculate [negatively]
in the absence of data and there is a huge potential for misunderstandings
and myth-creation.

The real problem is that we have to tame/banish these crackers on all sides.
Hardening our own systems is not enough. We have to banish the vandals as
well. Destroying someone else's property/hard work, simply because the
opportunity presents itself, is/should be considered highly
unacceptable/uncivilized behavior and punished accordingly, by every
civilized person.

--
ROELAND M.J. MEYER
Managing Director