Re: black hat .cn networks

  • From: Jim Dixon
  • Date: Tue May 08 14:08:07 2001

On Tue, 8 May 2001, Shawn McMahon wrote:

> On Mon, May 07, 2001 at 11:13:23PM -0700, Dan Hollis wrote:
> >
> > We may never know since mainland china admins never respond to abuse mails.
>
> Do you send the complaints in Chinese?
>
> Alternately, do you respond to complaints sent to your abuse address that
> are written in Chinese?

You can fly into any international airport in the world and assume
that the ground control staff can speak English.

In the same way, the lingua franca of the global Internet is English.

If we are going to be politically correct and insist that every NOC
in the world be capable of communicating in all of the major languages
of the world, the Internet will grind to a halt.

--
Jim Dixon                  VBCnet GB Ltd           http://www.vbc.net
tel +44 117 929 1316                             fax +44 117 927 2015