Re: black hat .cn networks

  • From: Scott Francis
  • Date: Tue May 08 13:02:54 2001

On Tue, May 08, 2001 at 12:01:43PM -0400, Franklin Lian exclaimed:
> I happened to act as the sysadmin for ChinaNet back in 1995 for a
> while, and I come from China so I guess I can help a little bit on
> what the sysadmin situation "might be" in China.  However, I can be
> completely wrong because I left China in 1998.
>
> Please see my comments interleaved, again this is my personal opinion
> only and might not reflect today's situation.  This message will only
> help you guys how it was in past.

for myself, at least, I just want to say I really appreciated being able to
read a response from somebody that actually had experience on this issue. Up
until your post, everything written was conjecture and guesswork - nobody had
experience _inside_ the network(s) in question. Thanks for shedding some light
on the subject.

--
Scott Francis                [email protected] [work:] v i r t u a l i s . c o m
Systems Analyst          [email protected] [home:] d a r k u n c l e . n e t