RE: black hat .cn networks

  • From: Paul Lantinga
  • Date: Tue May 08 10:09:09 2001

Title: RE: black hat .cn networks

> On Tue, May 08, 2001, Adrian Chadd wrote:
>
> > So, how about we get imput as to the best English-Japanese
> > translation service online, and then *cough* attempt to
> > standardise on contacting chinese networks this way?

Why not decide on a workable message and have it translated by a competent Chinese translator first?  Something such as the following:

Dear <Abusive Autonomous System>,
The following unsolicited email apears either to have originated on
and/or traversed your network, or to have come from a client of yours.
If you simply have an open mail relay, please fix it.
Please look into this.  (and give us our plane back!)
Regards,  <insert_name>

Aside from the plane crack, you get the idea.  Do a little work up front for the Big5/SJIS encoding.  Think about it, those that deal with [email protected] are often either overhead or are trying to deal with spam while also doing a fulltime job.  Translating email mesages is a pain and most people would rather not bother.

So, any takers to translate the above message, or some other appropriate message, into Chinese and/or Korean and post it somewhere publicly available?[1]

off to ride my flying pig,
Paul LANtinga
--
again, my opinions (even if they are wrong;)

[1] the paranoid cells in my brain tell me that this would be a perfect opportunity for a real chinese attacker to burn us by posting something in Chinese that was inflammatory and the like.