Re: Cable & Wireless "de-peering"?!?

  • From: Paul Vixie
  • Date: Tue May 08 02:25:39 2001

[email protected] (Peter van Dijk) writes:

> I do still think UUnet is in a downward spiral, just like C&W. Strong
> peering policies are not good for the Internet.

Well, before I returned to PAIX, I was CTO of MFN.  MFN had bought Abovenet,
and I learnt to respect strong peering policies.  Abovenet's peering policy
was, and as far as I know still is, very "strong".  It's strongly _open_,
which means it's different from the purported C&W policy being discussed here
this week.  But while different it is still "strong".

I think what you were looking to say above is that "*closed* peering policies
are not good for the Internet."  Probably noone will *publically* disagree
with such sentiments.  Not on nanog, anyway.