Re: Cable & Wireless "de-peering"?!?

  • From: Joseph T. Klein
  • Date: Sun May 06 14:38:33 2001

It would be interesting to note if the C&W policy change is reflected
in a quantifiable deterioration of 3561's placement on the CAIDA skitter
chart.

I would like to think that Draconian peering policies leads to economic
pain. It seems to be worthy of note that AGIS and PSI tried to use the
"pay me don't peer" card before they deteriorated. It seems in some
cases more an act of financial desperation rather than acting in the
best long term interest of the network or the customers.

The more open networks move quickly to center stage while the large
networks build walls in moves of quite desperation. 3561 was once the
"North Star" of the Internet constellation. IMHO said stringent
peering policies moves 3561 in a direction that is not in the best
interest of the C&W customers or the C&W stockholders.

  "... the true value of the Internet is its connectedness ..."