Re: Traffic per Prefix Length

  • From: Arnold Nipper
  • Date: Thu May 03 19:59:27 2001
  • >received: by gateway.nipper.de (Postfix, from userid 500)id 28AB51E6BA; Fri, 4 May 2001 01:55:58 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, May 03, 2001 at 07:09:24PM -0600, Paul G. Donner wrote:

> does anyone collect stats that would facilitate the derivation of
> the number of packets forwarded per prefix length (per unit time)
> in the routing table or per prefix length range?  percentages would
> work too.

Interesting ... Do you think that this will give you any useful information?
I would be more interested in how far packets go. Not in networks terms but
in real distance. Next would be to go further up the stack and see if there
is a difference in protocols (i.e www compared to dns).

-- Arnold