Re: black hat .cn networks

  • From: Richard A. Steenbergen
  • Date: Mon Apr 30 19:36:40 2001

On Mon, Apr 30, 2001 at 10:18:03PM +0000, Walter Prue wrote:

> The folks in the US who counterattack might be well advised to
> reconsider doing so.  I would imagine that traffic from the US would
> be closely monitored.  Any new hacking tricks that these
> counterattacks might use would then be recorded and analyzed.  These
> techniques could then be used by them to further attack the US.

Oh for the love of god, 15 web sites get defaced and it's suddenly worth
trying to deny internet access to a billion people?

They watch a story on the news, and think "wouldn't it be kewl if...". Any
excuse or boredom will do, and then the media blows it out of proportion
because it makes for an interesting story. I bet it's probably the same
number of hacks that you'd see on a normal day, just against another
country's www..gov's instead of their own.