RE: black hat .cn networks

  • From: Dan Hollis
  • Date: Mon Apr 30 19:15:42 2001

On Mon, 30 Apr 2001, Alex Bligh wrote:
> I just love the way (some) Americans bleat about their
> supposed constitutional rights to have their packets
> passed between any given pair of networks, but (perhaps
> others) are quite happy to route-map out entire
> subcontinents on the basis there might be a few
> (i.e. statistically insignificant number of)
> trouble makers there...

AS4134 is totally black hat. 100% rogue and haven for spammers and
crackers.

They have a bogus replybot which gives automated bullshit excuses to abuse
reports.

> Somehow I just can't imagine someone suggesting AOL / Earthlink
> (& I've seen plenty of 'interesting' packets
> from there) are blackholed for the same reason
> would get away with this on NANOG.

because aol/earthlink actually bother to respond to abuse reports (albeit
slowly).

AS4134 basically tells you to fuck off and eat your spam and tolerate
their script kiddies.

-Dan