Re: black hat .cn networks

  • From: George William Herbert
  • Date: Mon Apr 30 18:48:59 2001

Is it worthwhile to bother given the low rate and
relatively low proficiency of attacks so far?

They're trying to make a statement, sure, and doing
some vandalism in the process.  But it doesn't appear
from any firsthand reports I have or news reports
I've seen so far that any serious damage has
been done anywhere.  Dropping a country due to
annoyance is a pretty serious step.  If their
ministry were directly encouraging all out serious
attacks that would be a different thing, but I don't
see any justification to do anything yet.

Feel free to correct above impression of damage if
you have better info than I do so far.

-george william herbert
[email protected]