Canada - Land of ice and snow (was RE: California power ... unplugged)

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Sun Apr 29 23:32:50 2001

I recall 3.2 million people losing power, some for over a month,
a few years ago in Canada.  Canadians were importing and stealing
backup generators from the states so fast, Customs Canada still
doesn't know how many generators crossed the border.

http://members.aol.com/badice98/icestormDiary/icestormtext.html

The rotating blackouts in California are annoying, but generally
don't last more than 2 hours for any individual customer.  If only
someone could teach California drivers to stop at a blacked out
stoplight.