RE: California power ... unplugged.

  • From: Nathan Stratton
  • Date: Sat Apr 28 21:23:42 2001

On Sat, 28 Apr 2001, Roger Marquis wrote:

> Roeland's diatribe should be the tip-off.  "Just build more {power
> plants, freeways, nuclear, etc.}" will only get us more {acid rain
> sterilized lakes, urban blight, Chernobyl radiated milk, Mexico
> City smog, ...}.

Sorry, but nukes are clean and safe. Sure people have died from nukes,
but millions have died from producing coal for plants. Why do we build
coal plants and not nukes? Because people don't care if OTHERS die, if
100,000 people a year die from digging coal they are not in your
community, that is better then the risk to THEM however small.

You should look at the numbers of people in the US that die powering coal
plants and the number that have died in coal fired plants.

><>
Nathan Stratton				CTO, Exario Networks, Inc.
[email protected]                     [email protected]
http://www.robotics.net                 http://www.exario.net