RE: jumbo frames

  • From: David Hares
  • Date: Thu Apr 26 12:01:23 2001

We use it extensively, since all we do is VPNs, and path MTU discovery is
broken in too many places.  This allows us to carry unfragmented 1500 byte
packets inside tunnels.  It does mean you have to get all the 10 & 100 Mb
ethernet paths out of the picture.  FDDI, GigE, ATM, Frame, PPP p2t, token
ring (gag #[email protected]) are alternatives.