Re: What does 95th %tile mean?

  • From: Greg A. Woods
  • Date: Thu Apr 19 14:09:09 2001

[ On Thursday, April 19, 2001 at 12:13:34 (-0400), Andy Dills wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: What does 95th %tile mean?
>
> Everything makes sense until the last line. "Calculating the total in and
> out octets" could imply either max or sum, so it probably depends on the
> contract, which seems to be the bottom line to this thread anyhow.

When I see the words "total" and "and" used like that it can only mean
that addition is the operation of choice.

Inserting the missing word "of" in there might help:

	Calculating the total of in and out octets ...

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <[email protected]>     <[email protected]>
Planix, Inc. <[email protected]>;   Secrets of the Weird <[email protected]>