Re: What does 95th %tile mean?

  • From: Andy Dills
  • Date: Thu Apr 19 11:13:46 2001

On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Alex Rubenstein wrote:

> How is everyone else doing it? Specifically, larger folks (UU, Sprint, CW,
> Exodus/FGC, GX, Qwest, L3)

FWIW, Abovenet handles it exactly like you mentioned -
Max(95%(out),95%(in)), and I'm fairly certain UUnet does as well. At
least, the weekly transfer stats they mail us seem to indicate that, but
we don't have a contract that would make use of transfer stats, so it is
possible that it varies, but I don't think so.

Andy

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Andy Dills                              301-682-9972
Xecunet, LLC                            www.xecu.net
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dialup * Webhosting * E-Commerce * High-Speed Access