Re: MAPS Zone Changes

  • From: Valdis.Kletnieks
  • Date: Mon Apr 16 10:44:55 2001

On Sat, 14 Apr 2001 09:39:09 EDT, Margie Arbon <[email protected]>  said:
> As of 30 April 2001, all users of the MAPS RBL<sm> or DUL<sm> must use
> MAPS' native servers to continue their service. Please change any
> configurations and/or any documentation you are responsible for to the
> following zones:
>
> Was: rbl.maps.vix.com  Should be: blackholes.mail-abuse.org
> Was: dul.maps.vix.com  Should be: dialups.mail-abuse.org

I see both the new domains as having SOA/NS entries out there
already.  Are they in fact 'ready for business', so those of use
using DNS lookup should start converting now?

Just double-checking before I build a new kit for distribution
to all our machines (having a canned configuration for everybody
is both a blessing and a curse ;)

				Valdis Kletnieks
				Operating Systems Analyst
				Virginia Tech