RE: Qwest (fwd)

  • From: Eric Germann
  • Date: Fri Apr 13 22:51:59 2001

At 08:51 PM 4/13/01 -0400, Martin, Christian wrote:

>> purchase connectivity from them, even if their network didn't suck.
>
>What makes you think this?  Perhaps you can share your experiences that
>would substantiate this claim.  I have rarely seen cross country RTTs exceed
>70 msec (right now it's 58msec from nyc to sfo) and don't recall the last
>outage they've sustained on an edge router, let alone core disruption.  I

wdc-edge-03.inet.qwest.net

Last friday night for about 4 or 5 hours.  Flapping T-1's.  Traced to bad line card.  I know.  I hung off of it.

  Eric Germann                                        Inacom Info Systems
  [email protected]                             Lima, OH 45801
                                                      Ph:  419 331 9050
  ICQ:  41927048                                      Fax: 603 825 5893

"It is so easy to miss pretty trivial solutions to problems deemed
complicated.  The goal of a scientist is to find an interesting problem,
and live off it for a while.  The goal of an engineer is to evade
interesting problems :)"  -- Vadim Antonov <[email protected]> on NANOG