Re: APNIC IP-request procedures

  • From: Jim Mercer
  • Date: Wed Apr 11 08:23:32 2001

On Wed, Apr 11, 2001 at 12:41:30PM +0200, Arnd Vehling wrote:
> I just wanted to know if the workload to be expected is the same
> as with ARIN and RIPE because i am doing this on a freelancer basis
> for ISP companies.

i can relate to this.

> Judging from the replies ive got so far now APNIC is as picky as RIPE
> and ARIN.

picky is relative.

i've worked with ARIN, RIPE and most recently APNIC.

while they all have their oddnesses, generally i have found the delays are
more so with teh applicant, not the registry.

getting an allocation from RIPE was easiy enough.  getting my clients (and
their clients) to make reasonable requests was a whole different story.
(RIPE gives you a block, but makes you justify every assignment before
you can activate the subnet).

i have found that once you follow the application/submission procedures, and
your requests are realistic, there generally are no problems.

my experience with ARIN has been limited, but again, once you followed the
procedures, and filled in all the paperwork, things happened.

your mileage may vary.

--
[ Jim Mercer          [email protected] ]
[          Reptilian Research -- Longer Life through Colder Blood          ]