Re: BGP Economics ? (fwd)

  • From: Lee Howard
  • Date: Mon Apr 09 14:31:35 2001

Maybe you didn't realize you'd also contacted the administrators for
AS7046:

AS      Nets then    Nets now   Net gain/loss
AS7046	333	       so low it's off the CIDR report!

This may not be all your doing; I'd like to think the Internet
community would have been working on it anyway, but social pressure
does seem to help.  Another 100,000 routes and we'll all be fine.

Let me point out that the views of Messrs. Nussbacher and Huston are
not incompatible.  The ASNs appearing on Tony Bates's CIDR Report
do seem to have made significant progress, but the Huston report at
NANOG (reprised at ARIN) suggest that most growth is due to medium
sized multihoming, which may not be reflected in the CIDR Report.

Lee