Re: BGP Economics ?

  • From: Bill Woodcock
  • Date: Sat Apr 07 18:59:14 2001

    >    I just noticed the remarkable flattening in the recent growth of the BGP table
    > in your BGP graphs at :
    > http://www.telstra.net/ops/bgp/index.html
    > Is this cessation of growth real ? Is this a sign of the recent economic slow-down,

There's been quite a bit of discussion of this in the metrics
community.  The flattening out appears to be largely in the /21-and-longer
area, such that folks who are filtering haven't seen as much of a
flattening as those who aren't.  The link to the economic downturn is one
that Phil Smith suggested.  That's a difficult causal relationship to
validate, though, regardless of how much sense it makes.

                                -Bill