Re: Northern Viriginia Power

  • From: Craig A. Haney
  • Date: Thu Apr 05 22:28:59 2001

no problem in Vienna Va (2 blocks from Boone Blvd).

-craig

At 6:41 PM -0700 04/05/2001, Sean Donelan wrote:
On Thu, 05 April 2001, John Starta wrote:
 The service interruption was apparently a result of a major regional power
 failure in Northern Virginia. I'm curious whether it was AOL or their
 providers who suffered from the power failure. I would expect AOL would
 have back-up power.

 http://www.techtv.com/news/internet/story/0,24195,3320700,00.html
Was anyone else effected in Northern Virginia?  Other than a couple of
stories about AOL IM being down, I couldn't find any news coverage of
a major regional power outage in Northern Viriginia.  The only story
I found was an electrical fire at Dullas Town Center near the Gap store.

VEPCO customer service didn't know of any power outages.