Re: Faster 'Net growth rate raises fears about routers

  • From: Philip Smith
  • Date: Wed Apr 04 21:11:06 2001

At 11:00 04/04/2001 +0200, Hank Nussbacher wrote:

It may also be the concerted effort of certain individuals who have been after the top 10-30 non-CIDRers. I know I have sent out dozens of emails to those ASes since Jan 1 and have gotten, in general, a positive response and many have fixed their systems.
I'd imagine that efforts to clean up the table would result in step function changes, rather than the abrupt stop to the increase we have been seeing. It's a little different from 1994 when we all had to CIDRise "or die"... (I'll look at it a bit more closely - the daily delta should point to whether it is a cleanup, or economic slowdown...)

philip
--

-Hank

If you look at the graphs though, the routing table growth stopped around the end of the year. I've seen 101k prefixes give or take a few hundred in my view since 31st December.... Also, the number of /24s being announced has stopped growing. It's been 58k5 for the last 3 months...

Routing table growth is following the state of the Internet economies? Looks like it to me.

philip