Re: AS Leakage

  • From: Jared Mauch
  • Date: Wed Apr 04 16:46:08 2001

On Wed, Apr 04, 2001 at 04:03:07PM -0400, John Fraizer wrote:

> On Wed, 4 Apr 2001, Christian Nielsen wrote:
>
> > filtered. We saw providers leaking exchange point blocks, so we filtered.
> > we dont want to see _701_ from sprint or anyone except _701_, so we
> > filter. we do this for other large providers.
> >

> That's strange.  Your 701 connection goes down and you've filtered any
> backup route you had into them.  Good thinking.

	I always local-prefed paths to other upstreams down via a
specific upstream in my 2x removed previous life.

	made traffic flow the "best" path and was useful when you had
a connection (but not directly to ANS, one of their "sub AsES") w/ ANS
and wanted to insure that traffic to ANS went over your ANS link instead
of via 1239, 701, or 3561 because of as-path win/tiebreak.

	- jared