Re: AS Leakage

  • From: bmanning
  • Date: Wed Apr 04 16:41:49 2001

> On Wed, 4 Apr 2001, Christian Nielsen wrote:
>
> > filtered. We saw providers leaking exchange point blocks, so we filtered.
> > we dont want to see _701_ from sprint or anyone except _701_, so we
> > filter. we do this for other large providers.
> >

> That's strange.  Your 701 connection goes down and you've filtered any
> backup route you had into them.  Good thinking.
>
> ---
> John Fraizer
> EnterZone, Inc

AhHa!  the light dawns and Bill sees the error of his ways... and seeking
to banish the curse of ASSUMPTION, he points out to John that the statement;
"Your ... connection goes down ... you've filtered any backup route"
presuposes certain preexiting conditions.

	Please note Johns presumption of the singular.
	I expect the environment Christian is in may not
	suffer the presumption of singularity, at least
	where such filtering is in place.

--bill