RE: Faster 'Net growth rate raises fears about routers

  • From: Roeland Meyer
  • Date: Tue Apr 03 13:59:49 2001

The problem with this, if done, is that we back right into the other problem
of prefix filtering. If the customer has a /19 or /20, there is generally no
problem. But, if it is the usual case (/24) then only one of the upstreams
can aggragate the routes up. What is the other ISP to do? How would this be
made to work? BTW, this is exactly the reason we weren't fully multi-homed
yet.

Yes, greg described a way where both interfaces (end point) were NAT'd.
However, I have a concern with brittleness and tinker-factor there.