Re: Faster 'Net growth rate raises fears about routers

  • From: Bora Akyol
  • Date: Tue Apr 03 11:22:11 2001

I fail to see how this helps reliability in the case of ISP "routing
instability" I believe that last year one large ISP lost almost all of its
Bay Area connectivity and had a network meltdown due to "routing
instabilities" (whatever that means).

If you are running a mission critical network, I think you have no choice to
be multi-homed to at least two ISPS preferably not residing on the same
conduit that they both lease from the same transport network.

Bora