Re: RADIUS info for traveling users ...

  • From: Mohan Sundar
  • Date: Wed Mar 28 15:08:22 2001

Thanks for your responses and correcting my
understanding.

What i understand is policies are stored in
a centralized policy server, and these are
pushed to the Access Servers thru some mechanism,
like SNMP or file transfer, etc. What is achieved
by RADIUS is just getting pointer (like filter name)
to the policy corresponding to
a subscriber when a subscriber dials in, and
dynamically binding that to the access interface
in the access server.
How are these policies then dynamically generated,
based on the IP address that is dynamically
assigned? Do policy servers also have policies
based on subscriber-name (or ID)? What is the
interaction between policy server and RADIUS?

Thanks again.
- elwin