Re: MBone access

  • From: Vadim Antonov
  • Date: Tue Mar 27 21:51:14 2001

No amount of education can change the simple fact that the transport level
multicasting is a broken concept.  I do not want to reiterate all the
years-old arguments, it suffices to say that since then no magic bullet
was found allowing multicating to be safe to the routing infrastructure,
or scalable enough for use by the mass of regular end-users.

Some bad ideas just won't die.

--vadim