Re: verizon paging modem numbers

  • From: Alan Clegg
  • Date: Tue Mar 27 13:29:06 2001

Unless the network is lying to me again, Mike Batchelor said:

> > Does anyone using verizon paging service via digital celphone know the
> > number for their modems to send pages.  Their sales people want use to
> > use email, what's new, but as you know we need pages when the network is
> > down, not up.
>
> What did they say when you told them their answer was inadequate?  What did
> they say when you told them if you didn't get a modem phone number, you were
> going to cancel your service because it is useless just when it is needed
> the most?

Most likely the same thing that Cingular said:

	1) "well, we don't support that service anymore"
	2) "we don't do that, we've never done that"
	3) "huh?"
	4) "you don't need a modem with your GSM phone, it has one built in"
	5) "I've never heard of that, what is it?"

Nobody in "customer service" knows what TAP/IXO paging is, and you know
what?  As long as they have all of the drug-dealers and soccer-moms buying
service from them without the need for TAP/IXO, they don't CARE.

Now, for an answer, search thru an archive of nanog and find the excel <gah!>
spreadsheet that I pointed people to about 2 months ago.  It had several
hundred TAP/IXO modem numbers...

AlanC