RE: verizon paging modem numbers

  • From: Derek J. Balling
  • Date: Tue Mar 27 13:13:00 2001

At 9:40 AM -0800 3/27/01, Mike Batchelor wrote:
 Does anyone using verizon paging service via digital celphone know the
 number for their modems to send pages.  Their sales people want use to
 use email, what's new, but as you know we need pages when the network is
 down, not up.
What did they say when you told them their answer was inadequate?  What did
they say when you told them if you didn't get a modem phone number, you were
going to cancel your service because it is useless just when it is needed
the most?
I've always found that to get to the TAP Cluons at any Pager/Cellular company, you need to immediately talk to a supervisor. They will at least have heard of TAP, or "commercial applications which deliver pages by dialing in via modem" (if they don't know TAP *G*) and can usually at least direct you to the right people.

Playing the "I dunno what YOU guys call it, but I've got to get these pagers entered into the company paging system with all the other pagers" card usually works wonders for me when trying to track down TAP Clue.

| [email protected] | "Conan! What is best in life?" |
| Derek J. Balling | "To crush your enemies, see them |
| | driven before you, and to hear the |
| | lamentation of their women!" |