Re: Clear Channel on a T1

  • From: Rachel Warren
  • Date: Fri Mar 23 09:07:08 2001

> Here's a document that further obfuscates the matter for me -
> http://www.comtest.com/tutorials/t1.html
>
> Anybody care to comment on its relevance in this situation? If I read it
> correctly, Clear Channel = Less Capacity. Doesn't sound right.

I know that most of NANOG has explained in detail about clear
channel T1s, but I thought this webpage would be a lot of help
if you never wanted to learn everything about T1s, but asked
anyway!  8-)

www.t1.org - Standards Committee T1 Telecommunications.  This
webpage helped quite a bit when I was researching about T1/T3
test patterns (which is document tr_25.pdf,"A Technical Report
on Test Patterns for DS1 Circuits").

A more specific weblink is http://www.t1.org/html/trs.htm

I'm now going to unsubscribe to nanog-post before I do something
brain dead, e.g., continue a flamewar about DNS.

FYI,

Rachel

--
C++ - Where only your friends can access your private parts.