Re: Clear Channel on a T1

  • From: Terrence Chatfield
  • Date: Thu Mar 22 13:38:51 2001

    Clear channel allows the use of the full 64Kbps per time-slot, or
1.536Mbps aggregate data for the entire T-1; through the use of B8ZS line
coding.  A Non-clear channel T-1 only allows use of 56Kbps per time-slot, or
1.344Mbps aggregate data; when using AMI/ZCS line coding.

[email protected] wrote:

> Can anybody give me some info on what exactly "Clear Channel" means in
> relation to a DS1 circut?
>
> My gut tells me that it's only relevant with voice Ts...
>
> thanks,
> -carl hirsch
> network analyst
> sargent & lundy llc
begin:vcard
n:Chatfield;Terrence
tel;pager:[email protected]
tel;fax:(703) 762-9801
tel;work:(703) 762-9818
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
org:Gemini Networks, Inc.;Internet Engineering
version:2.1
email;internet:[email protected]
title:Director
note:This message/attachment(s) may contain information confidential to Gemini Networks, Inc., and may be used/retained by the intended recipient only.
adr;quoted-printable:;;Suite 200,=0D=0AWest Building,=0D=0A7600 Leesburg Pike;Falls Church;VA;22043;US
fn:Terrence Chatfield
end:vcard