RE: AOL holes again.

  • From: Roeland Meyer
  • Date: Wed Mar 21 12:16:03 2001

Tell that to the ICANN <g>.

You can't sign away your civil-rights, but you can assign agents to perform
specific tasks related to them. I have an MBE, in Colorado, that I pay to
toss anything that is either "Bulk Rate" or to "Resident" (junk mail). They
have no problems doing that, as my agent, even if it involves federal
issues. They've been doing that job for years. I have similar arrangements
here in California. Otherwise, I'd have to hire separate haulers to dump the
junk-mail. Yes, that's US Postal Service delivered mail, under Feral
regulation. Anyone signing the AOL agreement is making the same sort of
arrangement. Again, I suggest a reading of the AOL TOS. The only way you are
exempt from that TOS is to not use AOL (not a bad idea). Simply say "no".