Re: AOL holes again.

  • From: M. David Leonard
  • Date: Tue Mar 20 16:44:03 2001

Peter-

	This is nothing new - AOL was silently discarding e-mail a year
ago.  What's worse, when I contacted them I was told that they have an
automated system *which does NOT generate reports for the human
postmasters* so the staff does not know what domains are being blackholed
without grepping through the logs on scores of SMTP servers.  I find it
difficult to believe that anyone could run a business like that but, hey,
they seem to have a lot of customers who either don't care if e-mail gets
through or don't know how much AOL loses for them.

					David Leonard
					ShaysNet