RE: Statements against new.net?

  • From: Simon Higgs
  • Date: Sat Mar 17 16:26:43 2001

At 05:08 AM 3/17/01 -0500, you wrote:

If it's *my* DNS server running on *my* equipment using *my* bandwidth,
then I can do whatever I want to with it, right?
Good punt. But you're returning data owned elsewhere (like someone else's A record). If you are responsible for returning accurate data to a public audience, and it's not your data to alter, then you are liable for the consequences. If you want to run a different .COM in private (i.e. no public audience and no consequences), go right ahead.

Why doesn't new.net start sending me monthly paychecks?  Since they're
*all* about money, then if I am going to help them get their business off
the ground, then where's mine?
Go ask them. (626) 229-7800.

Best Regards,

Simon Higgs