Metro area fiber market issues - May 2001 Cook Report contents

  • From: Gordon Cook
  • Date: Sat Mar 17 00:00:33 2001

********************************
The COOK Report on Internet May 2001 (Vol. 10, No. 2)
********************************

CONTENTS

LayerOne Gear in Telco Hotels Provides Cost Effective Optical Interconnect for Carriers --- Ciena Core Director Provides Service that Grooms Circuit Interconnection Between Fiber of Many Carriers, pp. 1-14

Changing Bandwidth Provisioning Models in Metro Area Fiber Markets --- Net Access Chooses Acquisition of Dark Fiber and Self Provisioned Circuits Over Purchase of Shared Gig Ethernet Prices of Telseon and Yipes! Viewed as Too High and Cogent's Business Model Seen to Be Unsustainable, pp. 15 - 25

ICANN and Verisign in Alliance to Reinstate De-facto NSI Dot Com Monopoly in Return For Financial Support of ICANN --- ICANN's Pattern of Fraudulent and Deceitful Action Continues With Board's Capitulation to Staff and Vint Cerf in Melbourne, pp. 26-35

Optical Border Gateway Protocol Now Internet Draft, pp. 36 -37

Letter to the Editor: DANTE Objects to Description by Kees Neggers, pp. 37 -38

Executive Summary, pp. 39-40

COOK Report Summary or [email protected] is a distribution list for the monthly free summary of the COOK Report on Internet.

You should expect to receive the monthly summary that is usually between 7 and 15 thousand characters long. You may get one or two other messages a month. This list is intended for distribution and not discussion. Anything posted to the list will bounce to me. I regard this as an experiment and reserve the right at my discretion to change list policy.

To subscribe by sending a message to [email protected] with 'subscribe cookrepsum' in the body. To unsubscribe send mail to [email protected] with 'unsubscribe cookrepsum" in the body

Full text of executive summary is also available at http://cookreport.com/10.02.shtml

The COOK Report on Internet, 431 Greenway Ave, Ewing, NJ 08618 USA
(609) 882-2572 (phone & fax) [email protected] Index to 9 years
of the COOK Report at http://cookreport.com For info on new report
go to http://cookreport.com/lightipgige.shtml . 'Light IP & Gig E" serves
as tutorial on on going economic model of Internet infrastructure - $375.00