Re: Statements against new.net?

  • From: Shawn McMahon
  • Date: Fri Mar 16 10:27:09 2001

On Fri, Mar 16, 2001 at 06:57:24AM -0800, [email protected] wrote:

> I don't know what your job entails, but my job description includes the
> phrase "keeping the network and all associated servers and services
> functional."  Which means, among other things, making sure DNS
> works.  Were I to go with new.net, I would be remiss in my duties
> and should (though I probably wouldn't) be fired.

I buy that as a reason for you not to use them, and I buy that as a reason
for me not to use them.

I don't buy it as a reason to make what they're doing illegal, which is
what a few in this discussion are advocating.

That'd be like making IPX illegal, because it prevents those machines
from properly interoperating with TCP/IP.