Re: Statements against new.net?

  • From: mdevney
  • Date: Fri Mar 16 10:05:42 2001

On Fri, 16 Mar 2001, Jeff Workman wrote:

> <humor>
> "We the people, in order to provide proper DNS service...."
> </humor>
>
> Jeff

<no humour whatsoever>
"We the network operators, in order to provide a functioning Internet so
as to justify doing really cool things with really expensive toys...."

I don't know what your job entails, but my job description includes the
phrase "keeping the network and all associated servers and services
functional."  Which means, among other things, making sure DNS
works.  Were I to go with new.net, I would be remiss in my duties
and should (though I probably wouldn't) be fired.

MAtthew Devney
Network Operator (among other things)