RE: Broken Internet?

  • From: Roeland Meyer
  • Date: Fri Mar 16 05:49:54 2001

My point, you haven't the foggiest idea what my business is and yet you have
the cajones to make judgements against it in public.

> > > You decided to run a business on DSL, and now you're paying
> > > the price for
> > > that.  You really have nothing to complain about except
> your own bad
> > > judgement.  Why is this thread still going?
> >
> > Now, the last I looked, DSL was SUPPOSED to be sold to
> businesses. The poor
> > consumer is stuck the cable. BTW, the DSL worked fine,
> right up until Covad
> > cut it off.
>
> DSL has always been a cheap, semi-reliable solution for
> people that didn't
> want to pay the money for a dedicated circuit.  If you
> believe otherwise then
> you were duped by a sales droid.

DSL has been very reliable. Moreso than some client's T1's have been. The
outage was caused by a business failure between my IAP and my ISP. All I
know is that the lights went out on 7Feb01, without warning. DSL behaves
like a dedicated circuit and 1.1Mbps SDSL is close enough to 1.54Mbps T1, at
1/4 the price, to make it worthwhile. Additionally, you don't have to tune
the link and it doesn't need to be hand-rebooted when the CSU/DSU drops (all
the things they don't tell you about T1's). You've been listening to too
many telco sales-droids.

> > Do you always blame your sister for getting raped?
>
> You're an ass.

You started the name-calling son ... and this victim doesn't appreciate
being made into a criminal. If I'm an ass then you're a judgemental ass...
and an ignorant one.

> By the way, tell your broken mailer to stop CC'ing me on every post.

Not broken ... done on purpose. My poor DSL connection isn't that reliable
so I want to make sure that you get the message. I wouldn't want you to
think that I'm talking behind your back.