Re: Broken Internet?

  • From: Adam McKenna
  • Date: Fri Mar 16 05:10:41 2001

On Fri, Mar 16, 2001 at 01:25:51AM -0800, Roeland Meyer wrote:
> > Why, exactly, does your Oracle DB cluster need to be in
> > routable address
> > space?  Are people connecting to it from outside of your company?
>
> BTW, the short answer is;
>
> Because I designed it that way, to meet requirements that you haven't seen
> and about which you have no clue whatsoever. I am also not paying you to
> critique the design, nor are you paying me to deliver the design. The
> requirements are ... the requirements, as far as you're concerned.

So, let's see -- you complain about how hard it is to renumber your oracle
servers, someone asks you why they're using routable addresses in the first
place, and you reply with "because I designed it that way".  If you knowingly
and willfully design such a problem into your infrastructure, you don't have
any right to complain about it.

> I've about decided that your attitude doesn't deserve the long answers and I
> don't need your uninformed value-judgements, nor the bad attitude, nor your
> abuseive behavior. AFAIC, your under-informed speculation underwrites your
> credibility.

Why the two posts then?  Wouldn't you be better off just shutting up?

--Adam