RE: Statements against new.net?

  • From: Mathias Koerber
  • Date: Fri Mar 16 02:36:49 2001

> The binary equivalent of the hex is also a palindrome:
>
> Bin: 10000000000010001000000000001

you're missing 3 bits ! Assuming you want to add 3 trailing 0's this would
yield:

	Hex: 80088008
	Quad: 128.8.128.8

which is a palindrome alright, but not the same address Stepehn mentioned.

> :-)
>
> > > Hex: 10011001

Bin: 00010000000000010001000000000001

Not a palindrome :-(

> >This is what I was referring to, yes. For those who still don't get
> >it (and as I've pointed out privately more than a few times today),
> >it's a palindrome. Reads the same forwards as backwards. 15+ years
> >ago, people were impressed by that sort of thing.

Because it does not matter whether it's network byte order or not?

Mathias