RE: I've just tried new.net's plugin. Don't.

  • From: Jeff Workman
  • Date: Thu Mar 15 16:43:25 2001

Stoned koala bears drooled eucalyptus spit in awe as David Schwartz exclaimed:

Did you know that you can choose which nameservers you use? And you can
continue to use the same nameservers no matter what provider you use.
Well, duh! But, I'm sure that you would agree that your average computer user has:

1. No idea that they can do this.
2. No idea _how_ to do this.
3. No idea why they would want to go to the trouble of doing this.

You're joking, right? I am really hoping that this whole New.Net shenanigan is just an early, elaborate April Fool's Day prank, or a bad dream.

All internet users should see the exact same namespace in the DNS system, regardless of what nameservers they use, or which provider they connect through. With minor differences due to TTLs that have yet to expire, etc., of course.

Jeff

--
"...and the burnt fool's bandaged finger goes wobbling back to the
fire." -Joe Zeff in the SDM.