Re: I've just tried new.net's plugin. Don't.

  • From: Kevin Loch
  • Date: Thu Mar 15 12:28:27 2001

So the plug-in does *not* change which dns server you query.
if a query fails against your normal name server it
just appends .newdotnet.net or, if that fails, makes stuff up.

Of course if your regular resolver server was a UDNS server or
Earthlink or an ISP that adopted the new.net TLD's you
would have found an A record for pie.shop with or without
the plug-in.

This also means that if your reguler resolver server had
your own private .shop zone (perhaps empty), that would
take precedence for regular and plug-in queries for that TLD.

KL