RE: DECNet over IP?

  • From: Spencer.Wood
  • Date: Wed Mar 14 20:27:20 2001

Actually, you can do it using just a single ethernet port on a router.

Here are the config's that we used on our routers for Banyan Tunneling:

End1
=====

int tunnel1
        no ip address
        bandwidth 1000
        vines metric 45
        tunnel source ethernet0
        tunnel destination 10.2.1.1

int e0
        ip address 10.1.1.1
        vines metric 2

End2
====

int tunnel1
        no ip address
        bandwidth 1000
        vines metric 45
        tunnel source ethernet0/0
        tunnel dest 10.1.1.1

int e0/0
        ip address 10.2.1.1
        vines metric 2

======

That's pretty much it.  Now,  if you have a lot of sites and you want to keep your tunnel config's pretty simple, I would recommend just setting up a router some where on your network and point all of your tunnels to that router., but this would really depend on your network and how it is configured.

Does this help?
Spencer

Spencer Wood, Network Administrator
Ohio Department Of Transportation