DECNet over IP?

  • From: Stillman, Kevin
  • Date: Wed Mar 14 11:25:09 2001

Perhaps this question is not appropriate here... but I'm grasping at straws.

Has anyone had any experience successfully getting native DECNet packets
encapsulated in an IP packet and transmitted over an IP network? The
solution I am trying to create will allow VAXes to continue to talk DECNet
on their LANs and have the ability to communicate with DECNet areas on a WAN
via IP. Essentially we are try to remove the DECNet protocol from our
intranet while not disrupting location's DECNet configurations.

If anyone has any info, please response off list. Thanks.

Kevin Stillman
SUNYNet, State University of NY