RE: Statements against new.net?

  • From: Mathias Koerber
  • Date: Wed Mar 14 07:54:27 2001

> > [... Blackholing new.net...]
> > If we all do that (And yes I can see a significant [10%+]
> > fraction of this
> > group's readership doing it), then the problem goes away
> > soon.  An elegant
> > fix, except that new.net would probably sue anyone who
> > blackholed them...
>
> Indeed they would. It is even likely that they'd win. Such action wouldn't
> win ICANN any favours in Congress either.

I am not an American and not really familiar with US laws and political
thinking, but why is it that it is considered OKfor someone to break away from,
ignore the DNS root system, but not for others to blackhole a player whose traffic
they don't want to see. What laws would prohibit the latter while not affeting the
former?

Mathias