Re: Statements against new.net?

  • From: Havard Eidnes
  • Date: Wed Mar 14 06:05:23 2001

> > > Because the one root referred to is the USG/ICANN root.  It
> > > cannot avoid being political (anymore).
> >
> > Then you must be reading something into the mentioned document
> > that I don't.  As far as I can see, nowhere is either USG or
> > ICANN explicitly referred to in that document.
>
> Oh come on, we're not idiots here, what other root could it
> possibly be referring to?  You're being intentionally dense.

Well, obviously I disagree.  It is my firm opinion that the people
politically opposed to the ICANN/USG/pick-your-DNS-political-enemy
are reading way too much between the lines in this document.

I stand by my claim that the document is first and foremost
technical in nature, and I wish those people claiming otherwise
would actually go back and read the document and cite chapter and
verse.

Regards,

- H�vard